View Single Post
Old 09-16-04, 10:09 AM   #50
CWB

Default Re: What would you rate Doom 3 on a scale of 1-10?

Whatever its faults (I mostly agree with jakup's "con" list), I just finished a couple days ago, and it was sure alot of fun! Maybe funner than any FPS since HL1 (of which it reminded me).

Yes, the indoor environments, which are neat as hell at first, get old after the first 20-some levels. There should be more variety between facilities (Delta Labs shouldn't look just like Mars City and so on), and most importantly, while I realize the game can't take place outside (Mars), I would've liked more windows/vistas of the Martian surface (first to remind me of the setting, second to provide a bit more light and eye candy).

I loved the darkness thing for the the first 3/4 of the game, and I thoroughly explored every nook & cranny with my flashlight. But towards the end, it got old, and here's why: I saw at least 6-12 rooms/areas in this game that would've been imposing, grand, and simply awesome if you could only f*g see them! Yes, the flashlight reveals great graphics, but only a bit at a time.

While it definitely blows away all indoor scenery in FarCry (which looks like paradise outside, but Op. Flashpoint inside for God's sake), FC's outdoor environments by far tipped the balance and IMO makes it a better game (but only by a hair).
CWB is offline   Reply With Quote