View Single Post
Old 09-19-04, 06:45 PM   #171
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Default Re: Thief 3 Deadly Shadows thread

Well, finally put some time into this one and beat it. Fun game, better than I thought it was going to be, especially considering I thought I had gotten out of the whole stealth-game mood (I never did beat Splinter Cell). The last mission is really easy, but at least it was fun. Ending left a little bit to be desired as well, actually almost all the cutscenes were kinda boring except for one of the later ones, but overall not bad. The Cradle was certainly an interesting level, kinda reminded me of Silent Hill. It did seem a little short and the city sections and factions seemed a little underdeveloped, but I still got a good 11 hours out of the game (and I did most of the side-jobs).

Oh, and did anyone else actually prefer to play the game WITHOUT the high-detailed texture pack? At first I had it installed, but after I reformatted I forgot to reinstall it, and really the main thing I noticed was that my loading times were cut down from 30 seconds to 15 seconds. You rarely ever get close enough to a surface to see that much detail, about the only things that I really saw an improvement on was Garret himself and the ratbeast. Maybe when I get my 6800 card (someday) and play the game at 1600x1200 it will make a bigger difference, though.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote