Thread: Kt133 Agp
View Single Post
Old 09-28-04, 06:31 PM   #4
tekkie

Default Re: Kt133 Agp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentl
Hi.

I'm using a motherboard with the VIA KT133 chipset. According to http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/kt133.jsp , it supports 4x/2x AGP. However, the output of /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/host-bridge is:

Host Bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133]
Fast Writes: Not Supported
SBA: Supported
AGP Rates: 2x 1x
Registers: 0x0f000203:0x00000302

This is the same with agpart and nvagp. I have tried to change the os-registry.c file to allow 4x on VIA chipsets, without success. I have also tried setting the AGPreq thing, unsuccessfully. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Okay okay okay, Since I have the same chipset, I'll throw in my 2 cents....
1st, lets hope your board is a Gigabyte, since that what mine is. You need to go to the website and download the latest BIOS patch, and run it. This is also needed if you are to have any AMD processor higher than the XP1600+ (I think it's the 1600+). With this patch you will be able to configure AGP for 4X in BIOS, as well as slappin a lil bit better of a proc. into the baby. (Mind you the only reason I know this is because my proc. fan froze and killed my cpu) As far as I know, the max speed of proc is now the XP2600+ (2025MHz) with the new BIOS. Hope this helps...
tekkie is offline   Reply With Quote