View Single Post
Old 09-29-04, 02:37 PM   #82
Dr Keyzer
Ocicat Tamer

Default Re: Official Post your 3DMark 2005 scores with rig info and driver versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv40
seems that you have never seen an SLI setup in action before.. by your comments.. i have seen it.. in the 3dfx days in voodoo2 cards and the same people who designed it now works for Nvidia .. and the up to 2x times performance was real .but improvements only happens at the extreme settings resolutions in non cpu limited situations. it will be nice to enable max AA/AF too and see if the results . but 3dmark05 is to heavy for that .i will like to see you around here with the same face when real Dx9 game benchmarks appears in SLI setup ,last word was that TIm sweeney of Unreal3 was very happy with the results ,but i can imagine others telling you that they have been paid by Nvidia to say that.
Well I owned a Voodoo2 years (feels like ages) back and SLI was really tempting at that time. I'm feeling somewhat of a drool factor this SLI-time around as well.

I think itīll be interesting to see how far the OC:ers will push SLI-setups when they'll be able to attain them. The means as of how to apply cooling and power will probably impress me more than the resulting benchmark scores. If I remember correctly there were no heatsinks or cooling fans on the Voodoo2-cards back in the old SLI-days...
"Starbucks has chosen very dark roasts to be their defining style. This is very smart for a large chain because darker roasts offer a stable recognizable flavor, carbon, which is easy to reproduce consistently on an espresso machine." (David Schomer)
Dr Keyzer is offline   Reply With Quote