Re: mandrake 10.1/xorg driver error
(1) extract the content of the installer
$ NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111-pkg1.run -x
this will create the following directory: NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111-pkg1/
(2) download the patch file from the mentioned forum thread.
(3) now enter that directory and go to usr/src. place also the patch file there.
(4) run the patch command:
$ patch -p0 <PATCHFILE
(5) cd ../.. (back to first level directory)
(6) ./nvidia-installer [--add-this-kernel]
(7) edit /etc/modprove.preload and add the following entry:
(8) edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and replace
Driver "nv" with Driver "nvidia"
$ modprobe nvidia
$ service dm start
UPDATE: if patch does not work look at my post below ... perhaps its better trying first the other solution (replace step 4 with the one below)!
Last edited by crac; 10-02-04 at 07:22 AM.