View Single Post
Old 09-30-04, 07:28 PM   #1
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

Default Pixel shader position switcheroo in 3dMark05...

I'm just generally wondering how it is that the typical situation we've seen before has been switched in 3dMark05. I'm not complaining - I'm really interested in what it is about the card architecture that's providing the X800 with better Pixel shader performance than the 6800, when everywhere else we've seen the 6800 series seems to take the lead in fragment shader performance? It seems a little odd to me.

[Note: I'm talking about the strictly Pixel shader test - not the in games]. So... any ideas? Where is it in the X800 architecture that it's getting such radical gains in PS performance?
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote