View Single Post
Old 10-05-04, 01:49 PM   #50
muythaibxr

Send a message via AIM to muythaibxr
Default Re: 1.0-6113 for FreeBSD thread

Hey zander, I have a similar config to hishnik.

Here is what happens:

I can set it to use NvAgp, or no AGP, and either way the sysctls and the xorg.log file both don't have anything about AGP getting enabled, other than the fact that the NvAgp option was set to use nvidia's internal agp support. Other than the fact that AGP isn't getting enabled, Everything works fine. Just a little slower than I'd expect for a couple of games (significantly slower than windows, but still accelerated).

When I try to use FreeBSD's AGP, and set all the options to match, I can see in the log (upon reboot) that AGP was enabled in the xorg.log, but the machine hangs hard... I can't even ssh to the machine to reboot it. I tried using FreeBSD's AGP with acpi and apic disabled, and with just acpi, and with just apic, and no matter what the result is the same.

I've just been running without AGP for the time being, but I think that the driver just doesn't have support for my AGP chipset yet.

I have a GeForce FX 5900, Athlon 64 3200+ (running in FreeBSD/i386, 32-bit), 1GB of Corsair RAM, asus k8v deluxe mobo. This uses the Via k8t800 chipset I believe (I might have that wrong, but it's the via chipset that's meant for socket 754 athlon 64's).

Anyway, any idea if the driver will support this chipset on its next release?
muythaibxr is offline   Reply With Quote