View Single Post
Old 10-05-04, 02:28 PM   #16
aAv7

Default Re: CS: Source Release Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Well the games been reviewed... so its basically done. I really doubt valve would have magazines review a beta. They want the best score for their game. It shouldn't be much longer before we hear a gold. They want their money just as much as we want their game.

You have to remember there's a lawsuit going on between Valve and Vivendi, and Vivendi has the right to hold the game for up to 6 months.

This wouldn't be the first time a Valve game was reviewed by all major mags and was no-where to be seen in stores....Counter-Strike : Condition Zero took 4-6 months to be released, after all the reviews and gold announcements...so I'm not holding my breath with HL2. I'm hoping it comes sooner rather than later, but at this point, with both of these companies, you cant trust any announcements they make or rumors that are reported...when it's on a shelf, i'll consider it done and then get excited...not a moment sooner. So like I said....if anyone is thinking of pre-ordering...you have to ask yourself...is CS: Source woth $59.99....cause if the game is held back 6 months...that's all you'll be getting for your money for half a year.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote