View Single Post
Old 10-05-04, 04:06 PM   #8
aAv7

Default Re: Crytek deceives and has killed any future for FarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
I give a damn. When I buy a game its not a one time thing for me. I actually play games even years after I buy them. To me, enhanced graphics make me wanna play the game again. Just to see what has changed. I don't know, call me crazy...
I agree with you 100% I dont just play a game once and be done with it. Especially since 99% of PC games have some form of online play. The problem with FarCry is, they keep delaying this 1.3 patch that is going to improve gameplay online, thus making it simply a benchmark for me right now. I've played the SP more times than I want to remember at this point, and sure, maybe in a year i'll want to play through it again, but for now...no patch, which means no online play...there are no mods....no support whatsoever...which means in my eyes, the game is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
I new I was right a few months back when I said Far Cry is basically dead with most of the team heading to EA. I still haven't picked up FarCry and in away was waiting for this patch, so I guess I might aswell pick it up now with this news instead of waiting.
You might want to wait till early 05 when they finally do release the 1.3 patch, as it still will have HDRL so u can play it with a shiny glow
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote