View Single Post
Old 10-09-04, 06:56 AM   #3
SWFGestapo
Archfiend for Rent

Send a message via AIM to SWFGestapo
Default Re: CS: Source runs really well

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA
Far Cry had more than fancy water effects. Effect use of bump mapping (though not as much as DOOM III) and PS light shading techniques.

I don't have CS: Source yet as I want it on DVD rather than downlaoding it etc and I hence I cannot directly compare CS and Far Cry or Doom III but, you are not giving Far Cry the credit it deserves.
Well I have Far Cry and the graphics are adequate, but the trees still look really damn fake and the models aren't anything super impressive. I wasn't very impressed with the bump mapping, but I never really noticed bump mapping until Doom 3. The 1.3 patch for FC looked pretty neat, but they are apparently taking forever to release it.
In some remote corner of the universe, poured out and glittering in innumerable solar systems, there once was a star on which clever animals invented knowledge. That was the highest and most mendacious minute of "world history"—yet only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths the star grew cold, and the clever animals had to die.
SWFGestapo is offline   Reply With Quote