View Single Post
Old 10-09-04, 01:43 PM   #24
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Send a message via ICQ to sonaboy
Default Re: Tribes: Vengeance Ships / Releases Today! | Feedback

some qualifications after another 4 hours of play.

figured out the quick faves motions...although F is a bit close to G which tosses a grenade in your lap when you're in a hurry and pisses your teammates off pretty nicely.

Mortar distace is good i guess...but the heavy just doesn't carry enough of them.

skiing is absolutely first rate...

heavies are too easy to kill, single flying ship is too slow. rocket gun isn't very accurate.

some of the maps are quite brilliant and seem to have high level of replayability.
love the city maps, the terrain can be your worst enemy or your best friend.
maps load FAST - i like that.

anyone have trouble getting the repair pack to restart after it's depleted?
i keep hitting the button to activate the pack, but it seems like it has a mind of it's own. that would get VERY aggravating during a heavy onslaught where time is of the essence in getting your base back online.

i love the look of the game, although even on the high settings for textures, the foliage on the ground seems to be made of sprites...dunno...also - that's the only time my game gets a bit choppy, when i'm running through a lot of foliage that's blowing in the wind while getting attacked.

i'm not sure i'll be able to get over the lack of defensive strategy and deployables - that added so much pleasure for me in both T1 and T2.

overall, after 12 hours of play : 7 out of 10 stars *******