Originally Posted by Ruined
Here are some of the highlights from crytek just released relating to video additions to farcry 1.3, which will be out shortly:
* Normal Map Compression. Requirements: NVidia: Geforce FX Family or better, ATI: x800 card or better. This feature is disabled by default. To enable it, type r_TexNormalMapCompressed 1 in the console after loading a level. Enabling this feature during the game may take some time - the PC may appear to freeze. This variable will not be saved when restarting the game. Enabling normal map compression will have prolonged execution the first time running through a level due to initial compression phase occurring in real time through the level. Subsequent reloads of the same level will yield better performance and therefore we recommend that you run any benchmark twice and to take the second of the two runs for benchmarking purposes since this most closely represents the usual user experience. (my note: this should be 3dc for x800 cards and dxt5 for FX/6800 cards)
* SM 3.0 and SM 2.0x are now enabled by default when graphics settings are set to ‘Very High’. To see performance increases you must have Direct X 9.0c installed.
* Improved tangent-space calculation to improve bumpmap quality.
* Anisotropic filtering disabled for some textures (light-maps, several lookup textures, fall-off maps) for increased performance.
* OpenEXR HDR Lighting. Requirements: NVidia GeForce 6 Family or better. This feature is disabled by default. To enable it set the r_HDRRendering parameter to 1. Not compatible with anti-aliasing.
hey,Ruined,where did you get this patch release note? I can't find on Farcry official forum. Until now, the only official statemnt about farcry patch 1.3 is here: