View Single Post
Old 10-20-04, 06:16 AM   #44
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

Default Re: FarCry 1.3 - OpenEXR HDR, 3dc, SM3.0 by default, more!

The X800 *can* do frame buffer blending.. least, that's what I thought. As I understand it, it's just that the accumulation buffer (for blending) on the ATi cards doesn't have high enough precision for true OpenEXR HDR. At least, that's the way I understand it... but on that, I could be wrong, and would be happy to be corrected. I'm really not as knowledgeable about the R420 as I should be.

Edit: Apologies, it seems you're right. Looked it up, and the 420 can do true OpenEXR HDR... but it has to use pixel shaders to do so. I'm still fairly certain it can do a reduced qual version natively though.
http://www.3dcenter.de/artikel/r420_...k/index4_e.php
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote