View Single Post
Old 10-24-04, 08:26 PM   #29
aAv7

Default Re: My Email from John Carmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrot
I think that's absurd, ultimate17. The reason that the engine wasn't as "jaw-dropping" as some people might say that it is is because we don't have the horsepower in our computers to be able to handle this sort of engine in it's full glory.

Can you back up any of your statements that he's getting "lazy or arrogant"? From what I've seen he's never shown any sort of arrogance. Hell, you're replying to a thread that shows that he has time to reply to emails from the 'little' people.
Apparently you don't read what others write.....I wrote "Some may say he's getting lazy or arrogant, but to me, you can't throw a touchdown every drive you get."

See that...SOME may say. Not me personally. I basically said, while I didn't think the engine was great, I really wasn't expecting him to get every engine perfect...we all slip up once in a while.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote