View Single Post
Old 10-25-04, 02:31 PM   #31
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Just finished HALO 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate17
Stealing is wrong, we know that, but I think if he didn;t like the game, he has the right to not like the game.
Wrong. Sure, we've all pirated games at one point or another. That isn't the point. The point is, if you steal someone's hard work, you don't get to say anything about it. You forfeit your right to have a valid opinion, because you are a criminal. Normally when criminals admit their guilt they get arrested and go to jail, and forfeit their rights as citizens. Why is it any different here?

Quote:
I think if PC Games were made accessible at video stores for rent like console games are, there would be a HUGE drop in piracy.
Wrong again. Several places have tried doing this. People rented the games, copied the CDs, and returned them. Gamestop used to give full cash refunds within the first 7 days of a game purchase. What did people do? Bought the games, copied them, returned them for a full refund.

Quote:
90% of the people who download PC games illegally are doing so to see what the game is like and if it's worth the $$, then they end up getting lazy and keeping it on the HD, etc.
So it's OK to steal if you just want to see if what you're stealing is any good? No, sorry. That doesn't make it OK. "End up getting lazy and keeping it on their HD"? Uh, ok...
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410