View Single Post
Old 10-29-04, 07:09 PM   #1
lostboyuk

Default flashing a pny 5900xt with a modded bios.

The first modded bios i used was a Creative one.....went on a treat...not satisfied I needed more so I went for the bios volt modded file ...ie: the leadtek one @445x885 these are wot I clocked them up eventually with coolbits ,the first boot in win xp is lower....just in case yer gfx card don`t support this higher clock speed.The flasher I used was the trusted nv flash 4.41..........the best............so easy.its stupid..........all you need to do to flash your pny gfx card...5900xt to a great gamer and nice n` steady desktop 2d is this:
to be honest go for the Leadtek bios file ok here`s the link~

http://www.mvktech.net/component/opt...13/id,422/#422
3rd paragraph down ...."New 5900xt bios"Leadtek A350 xt.tdh.

ok you`ve got the file down.......I renamed it to summit simple...........jeff.rom

now all you have to do now is get nvflash 4.41 down ok
once down ...all you have to do is make a xp floppy start up....and add the contents to it....ok you have the 2 files down and the file jeff.rom in there aswell.all added to your winxp start up disk so thats 3 files you`ve added ok

ok here we go

boot into dos....we all know how....don`t we?.....make sure your bios is set to floppy 1st boot......ok here we go you see the a:/ prompt.........all you need to type after the prompt is this "nvflash -fjeff.rom -p -u" without the quotes , then wait while it flashes ,you see the -p - u this overrides the manufactuar codes ,ie if your flashing over another manufactuar like creative to pny ect it does the buisness...............ploughs on ahead............as alwaYS if this flash fails don`t blaim me ok.........................................but I found this so brill for my PNY 5900xt....it realeased soooooooooo much more in the benches ect ect
and here I am using this very bios in 2d to write this my clock speeds are...445x885 3d
hey and as always when you flash your bios n` reboot you have to reinstall your drivers...k,coz you know have a new grfxcard dont ya..............?????
think about it.......so install, yer best drivers.....do the usual ...into add n` remove ect ect.....use driver cleaner n` ............njoy...your new speed.

Last edited by lostboyuk; 11-11-04 at 04:14 PM.
lostboyuk is offline   Reply With Quote