View Single Post
Old 11-16-04, 07:25 AM   #35
Warden13

Default Re: *** Official Half-LifeČ Feedback Thread!!! ***

Well I had very high hopes for this game and fortunately it has lived up to them so far

Playing at 1600x1200 4xaa/8xaf and very smooth and playable. Certain areas the framerate will dip but generally it seems to be extremely smooth. I must also say that I had seen a lot of screenshots prior to getting the game and I didn't think they looked that good... boy was I wrong! Absolutely stunning visuals in this game and an overall atmosphere that really makes you feel whats happening.

In the words of the immortal Mike tyson...

"I take my hand off to Valve... I want to eat Gabe newell's children"

And on that note, perhaps its just because I'm in a rush to get to work but I managed to get a bit stuck fairly early on in the game.

READ NO FURTHER IF YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE GAME
In the part where you are running through the sewers early on in the game. You come out into an area and there are some guards on a bridge (shoot the cans to blow up part of it). Anyway, after killing the guards I can't seem to find my way out of the area? I tried stacking things to jump up on the wall but that doesn't seem to work... unless I just didn't try hard enough. ANyone know where to go?

Warden
Warden13 is offline   Reply With Quote