View Single Post
Old 11-16-04, 09:14 PM   #21
J.F.
GeForce FX5600

Send a message via AIM to J.F.
Default Re: Fedora Core 3 and nVidia drivers - Solution

I disagree with the whining crybabies above. The 6629 drivers work great and doubled my DOOM3 framerates. The drivers are fairly solid, and FAR easier than ATI drivers to install. I used the standard method of installing the drivers along with copying the nvidia entries to the udev devices directory and it works just fine. People who have trouble ALWAYS complain. The fact that there are few people reporting trouble indicates there are no major problems with the current drivers. Remember that with as many different systems as there are, NO ONE can make drivers that work on ALL machines. Not nVidia, not ATI, not Microsoft.

Personally, I feel nVidia understands Linux far better than the people complaining. I'm using the AMD64 drivers on 64bit Fedora Core 3 with a 2.6.9 kernel without trouble. nVidia has top notch drivers for Linux (32 and 64 bit), Windows (32 and 64 bit), and FreeBSD. They know more about all this than you ever will. Maybe you should go buy an ATI card and whine on their forum.
J.F. is offline   Reply With Quote