View Single Post
Old 11-27-04, 08:56 AM   #1
raul_assis

Unhappy Very strange problem of Nvidia driver 6113 in FreeBSD 5.3. Please help!!

Hi,
I installed FreeBSD 5.3 on my computer, configured X, installed Nvidia 6113 drivers using the ports. All went well and the driver was working great. I even played Doom3!! But a series of power cuts made my file system behave strangely so I decided to reinstall my system. I made the same steps (X configuration using the very same file of the previous install and install of the Nvidia driver using the ports). I commented the Load "dri" line in the Module section and changed Driver "nv" to Driver "nvidia" in the Device section. The /boot/loader.conf file was ok with the linux_load and nvidia_load set to "YES". All was like the previous FreeBSD installation.

To my surprise, the system hangs as soon as I tape startx. No graphics, no Ctrl+Alt+Bkspace, no Alt+F1, no nothing. Only the reset button.
When I boot again the /var/log/Xorg.log.0 file is empty and sometimes the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file is completly empty (maybe because of the reset button)
Have any one come to the same problem? How something works and a week later doesn't?
Using DRI is also no option as openGL is very slow when using DRI and the default nv driver.

Please help!!

Regards,
raul_assis is offline   Reply With Quote