View Single Post
Old 12-01-04, 03:30 PM   #11
ChrisRay

Default Re: Everquest 2. I think I may have a partial solution to stuttering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrum
Your tweak did boost my FPS quite a bit. Can't give ya numbers since it's very difficult to get clear numbers in EQ2 as you know. I'd say i went from like 35 to 42 at that spot when i changed it. Maybe less boost.

I am playing at 30-50 FPS when i walk around but the FPS dip way below that in fights. That with character shadows off and complex shaders at 28m.
If i set quality to preset HIGH the game gets unplayable. Funny since 9800 XTs seem to run on HIGH just fine.

I am VERY frustrated with my performance right now. If i play in a group of 6 i have to set to extreme performance if i want to stay above 25 FPS.
A SHAME!

Edit: Not running with any AA or AF even!
Have you tried tweaking your particle details? Just like EQ 1. I will only play with my own particles enabled. And I keep them at a bare minimum. They require massive amounts off fillrate in combat. And I just cant keep them enabled on any hardware.

Keep in mind everyone I did these tests at early morning (4:00 AM) when people were at a bare minimum. The more people you have in cities the worse it's gonna be. Another zone I strongly urge you all tio check is black burrow. I havent had a chance to test that one.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote