View Single Post
Old 12-10-04, 02:56 AM   #16
mustrum

Default Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malficar
Personally, I like EQ II,

It runs well on my rig. Most that complain about it running poorly are simply putting too much on thier machine and perhaps don't want to admit it. Aka, turn down some F'n settings and go for balanced or below, not very high all ranges/details maxed.

If one were into PvP I could see getting WoW. I do not like the cartoon fashion in which it is rendered. I realize this was a deliberate creative choice. Elves with ears long as thier arms are just not for me.

With EQ II, unlike EQ, you can actually level well doing quests, and can have up to 50 in your journal. The game certainly isn't perfect, however I feel it is the best thing out right now for MMORPG fans, and in particular, PvE interested players.

That is where I have been spending my time, in EQ II on one of the RP preferred servers.

Look at my sig first:
I run at 1152x854
No shadows
cube map at single
complex shaders at 20
rendering distance at 300
max 4 high detail characters
no bloom
high texture resolution

as you see i have quite a lot stuff disabled.
I get between 25 and 60 FPS while running around in antonica and 10 to 20 FPS while fighting. In Blackburrow i dropped as low as 6 FPS.
It's NOT my settings since i tried out an old 9800 PRO that runs SMOOTH at the same settings in the same system.
Also reformated so it's no driver issue.

Then again there's evil stuttering even when i am in a spot with nothing around and 60 FPS.....

If it runs smooth for you you closed your eyes or are happy to fight in the sub 20 FPS area. I've not seen a 6800 owner that could show me proof of getting good FPS while fighting yet.
Gigabyte 8800 GTS G92 (800/1944/2050)
mustrum is offline   Reply With Quote