View Single Post
Old 12-10-04, 06:29 PM   #31
Skrot
The 5900XT that could.

Send a message via ICQ to Skrot
Default Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
OMG did I just waste $50. 20 minutes of WOW and I want fall asleep.

There's absolutly no(mind you in comparison of EQ2) charcter choices, no character design(everyone looks the same) graphics pale to eq and I feel like I'm playing a disney game, interface isn't as good as EQ2. Physics where cartoonish. The only advantage my quick take is WOWs sound was much better and it's colorful.
Wow. Have you really just taken graphics into your evaluation? WoW in 20 minutes is not the real WoW. Can you please give me some screenshots of EQ2 that actually look good? I looked at all of the Gamespot ones and damn is the game boring looking. They really need to hire some good artists. Maybe Blizzard contracts out .

There's a reason that WoW runs so well. It's called efficiency. How many choices of characters do you have in WoW? Not overly many. How much RAM do you need to store all of that? Not much. Contrast that with many different choices. When you get past the graphics of the game, you'll be stuck with all these models, textures in RAM that is really just wasted. This sort of efficiency of resources is what Blizzard appears to have done in much of the engine, and the performance shows.

With regards to the interface in WoW, it is the only MMORPG that I've played that I haven't wanted to heavily modify the interface, where things are, etc. The only things I've changed is moving the 'combat' chat channel to the right of the normal chat one.
Skrot is offline   Reply With Quote