View Single Post
Old 12-16-04, 02:13 PM   #61
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow
sorry, but WoW is not built for the future, everything is has is something ripped off from prior MMORPGs, whereas EQ2 is inventing new ways to play the game, and to increase player interactivity. WoW's graphics ARE dated, EQ2's characters have more polygons in their hands than WoW does in their WHOLE character model. WoW's shading resembles that of EQ1 quality. Spells aren't big and awesome looking, even EQLive had that. Bump mapping is nowhere in site in WoW, celestial phases of the moon in EQ2...WoW has that? where? Heat shimmer in EQ2 to make heat in deserts and fire spells / effects look realistic; don't see that in WoW. When it rains in EQ2, especially in commonlands, the ground becomes shiny and wet looking and stone giants begin to shine because of the wetness, footsteps change to the sound of walking in mud. Sorry if I come off as mean and arguementative, but it's impossible to even COMPARE EQ2's graphics to WoW's. Maybe compare WoW's to EQLive's (EQ1) post-luclin graphics...lol
Who cares? I stop paying attention to how the graphics look after the first couple of hours. The quality of the artwork in EQ2 is awful and no amount of advanced lighting or higher-polycount models can hide the fact that Blizzard just has far more talented artists.

The second screenshot you took is retarded. There is no reason to have the camera zoomed up that close to a creature and the game never looks like that. It was taken with the intent to be used in misleading way. World of Warcraft is quite breathtaking graphically, and if you say otherwise you simply haven't played it. I've played both games and EQ2 is very ugly to look at to me, even with all the pretty lights and bumpmaps.

Of course, the only thing that matters is gameplay, and WoW is very fun. I never played EQ2 for more than like 45 minutes so I can't comment there. Apparently those of you putting WoW down have not played it for more than 45 minutes either. There is a very complex trade, crafting, and grouping system with full support for PvP rewards in the making. The world the game takes place in is imaginative and full of life and character. Gameplay strongly emphasizes teamwork and interaction with players, and the quest system is an awesome way to take the "XP grind" out of the game, especially when many of the quests have you doing lots of different things. I've reached level 30 with my Rogue and I haven't felt that the game is repetitious at all. It's extremely fun and totally worth the money.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote