View Single Post
Old 12-19-04, 06:25 PM   #93
ChrisRay

Default Re: World of Warcraff or EverQuest 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
Meh...that's the reason I haven't gotten into an Online RPG yet. Way too shallow. I'm hoping one day EA [yes yes, Satan, boo, hiss, get thy crucifix] will release a Middle Earth Online based off the movies. I'm sure Turbine's Middle Earth Online will be grand [I'll be sure to give it a try] but the movie's imagery is too ingrained in me now. When I think Minas Tirith I think of the one from the movie.
Wow.. you have a pretty generic impression of mmorpg. They are about immersion, Storyline, And teamwork among players, Going around and slashing swords and summoning monsters is about as generic as me saying.

"FPS are just about running through hallways and killing creatures/people online or in single player"

Just because something has a basic design doesnt mean a game cant innovate or be fun. WoW and EQ 2 offer quite a bit more than that.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote