View Single Post
Old 12-26-04, 04:19 PM   #1
brucep

Default GeForce FX 5200 & DVI output to HDTV

Hi all,

I'm starting to attempt building a mythtv box on a new Fedora Core 3 system (AMD-64) I'm setting up. I'm using a Samsung HL-P4663W HDTV as a monitor. This TV has both a DVI and PC Video input jack. I've successfully installed the latestion nvidia drivers and can launch X over the PC connection but I can't seem to get the resolution settings right. I'd also like to get the DVI connection working but haven't had any luck whatsoever with that. I'll admit I'm not all that proficient with X configuration so it may just be that I'm not doing things right... The manual for the HDTV has a table listing all the supported resolutions with their horiz/vert freq. ranges, etc. and that's what I used to create my xorg.conf with.

I've been trying to write an xorg.conf that will treat the DVI connection as a tv/dfp but I haven't had much luck. None of the sample configs I've been able to locate clearly show how you define parameters for one device vs. the other. I'm also not sure why the card doesn't seem to recognize the video settings I'm specifing even though that's what the HDTV supports.

Does anybody have a working xorg.conf that shows how to configure the DVI for an HDTV that they'd be willing to post? That would probably be enough for me to figure out what I need to do. I've attached a zip file with my current xorg.conf (only working on the PC monitor output) and the output from X with -logverbose 5.

Thanks,

-Bruce
Attached Files
File Type: zip Xorg.0.log.zip (8.1 KB, 119 views)
brucep is offline   Reply With Quote