View Single Post
Old 12-29-04, 07:14 PM   #10
ekloot1978

Default Re: 5700LE, Looking for more info!

Tvlad is right about the fx series of geforce cards being poor in comparison to ati cards for directx 9 games...the only problem is that as far as I know, no one has seen any pci 9550 or 9600 ati cards out there (I could be wrong though). There are just lower end ati pci cards which in general won't be as fast as a geforce 5700LE pci anyways...and those pci ati cards are directx 8 hardware so they don't have any of the directx 9 features anyways. The only pci ati card that I've heard had pretty good performance was the pci 9100 card...but I also heard that the driver support isn't all that great with those cards...but I don't know if that is true or not. Either way, I think those are pretty hard to find in comparison to a 5700LE which is pretty much on the same level of performance...or maybe better. The bottom line is that there is not a really all around great pci graphics card out there so you just have to weigh the pro against the cons. I still think with whats available out there that the 5700LE is probably still the way to go...as long as it has the 128bit memory bus.
ekloot1978 is offline   Reply With Quote