View Single Post
Old 01-01-05, 10:13 AM   #8
|MaguS|

Default Re: Blizzard, Worse login server for a mmorpg I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007
You should see the Guild Wars server, its 1 server to house everyone and its lag free. Battle.net 2.0 , thats why guild wars server is better since pretty much most of the key people over at blizzard left.
Um no, Guild Wars uses Multiple servers. It just doesn't let you decide which one your on. Everytime you instance your moving to another server, In town you know when they list 50+ town instances, probably 5-10 of them are one actually a single server. No single server would be able to house thousand of players.

EQ2 uses about 2 Servers per ZONE and has an entierly seperate server just for logon (actually 5+ of them).

I wouldn't play WoW just on the aspect that they are so cheap on hardware for thier servers that they cant even provide thier own bandwidth and direct download. I mean WTF, they are using Bit Torrent to distribute thier patches... This is the first MMORPG that I have ever played (I beta'd) that did not direct download/install patches straight from a patch server.

Just stupid on blizzards part...

EDIT: STOP comparing GW to ANY MMORPG. It is NOT a MMORPG! Its nothing more then a Diablo 2 Clone... Just because it has no actual chat room or allows 16 players in a single combat area does not mean its a MMORPG or remotly like one...