View Single Post
Old 01-03-05, 12:05 PM   #18
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Blizzard, Worse login server for a mmorpg I have ever seen.

The server queues haven't happened since the first few days after release. Saying you played the game until the monumental of level of 21 doesn't exactly classify you as any kind of authority on it either. I can get a character to level 14 in about 5-6 hours easily, and I'd still be in the noob areas. Level 21 is just about when some more options become available to you in the form of overseas travel, PvP, and instances. Questing is a huge part of the game, and you can pick and choose the quests you want to do. If you don't like the Fedex ones, don't do them, there's hundreds more to choose from. Most of them involve you going to a place you'd end up going to anyway. I can see by your post that you never played any instanced dungeons, which are a lot of fun. Once your professions progress to the higher levels and you're actively participating in auctions, guild events, raids, and instance dungeons, you'll find there's a lot more to do than just questing.

Your "clever" take on the acronym again reflects your lack of experience with the game. I've never had to walk for more than a couple of minutes to get to where I needed to go thanks to boats, zeppelins, or riding on a gryphon/hippogryph/wyvern/etc. Having only played the game to level 21 you didn't get a chance to see what it has to offer past that point. Obviously you don't care, but if you're wondering why people like the game so much it's because they gave it more than a few hours time and thought.

Regarding the topic, I've had troubles with the lag too, and on several different servers. The login servers failing is extremely obnoxious, as they're down for 3-4 hours at a time, and always right after I get home from work. The servers usually roll back after this too so you don't get any rest XP for it. The AH lag and loot lag is also terrible and very frequent. The type of lag I can't stand more than anything is when there's a resource node (mineral deposit or herb) that "isn't really there", though you can still mine/collect it. Only once you're done, no loot window appears and you are trapped in the looting position until you relog, and cannot loot any corpses until you do so. This kind of bug should have been fixed a long time ago as it happened in the first Stress Test over 2 months ago just as frequently as it does now. The Bittorrent download system for patches is also inexcusable and completely absurd. I hope that with time these issues will be ironed out, because they are really the only things that bother me about the game.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote