View Single Post
Old 01-06-05, 07:42 AM   #56
ChrisRay

Default Re: Blizzard, Worse login server for a mmorpg I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
How old do you think I am? Please indulge me... As for Blizzards quality in software, I honestly loved every game they have made except for Warcraft 3 and its expansion... I dispise WC3. I think it is probably one of the worse RTS games on the market. I hate the upkeep system and how slow it plays. I loved the rushing in WC2 and WC3 practically distroyed that.... I won't even get started on the Hero's....

I own every Blizzard title, I am not Bias at all. I just don't think they are as talented as other developers. I mean they take delay a game left and right just for it to release buggy and hacker friendly. They rarely make an Original title and when they do its not as good as thier previous efforts.

Hell, I just want them to finish "Starcraft Ghost", I love the SC universe but Im not putting too much hope on the game being as great as the hype for it is...

heh I completely disagree with your points on warcraft 3. Micro management requirements of Warcraft greatly outweight in macro management you'd have to do with starcraft or warcraft 2., Rushing is still possible, Just not against the computer, Hero rushes are a game of their own, They'll either do damage, Have little impact, Or completely change the game.

Being good at controlling your heroes is very important for warcraft 3, and being able to micro manage the units is important. The whole point of upkeep was to show that you dont need large armies to win. But rather show that you can win with good management of a small army. And I absolutely love that aspect of WoW. Starcraft and Warcraft 2 dont offer anywhere near the actual depth of micro managing that Warcraft 3 does.

I think warcraft3 was revolutionary to what we will expect from future Real Time Strategy games in the future.. I have even seen other companies immitate it already. ((Lords of Everquest, Btw I have the game. Not terrible. But not great))
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote