View Single Post
Old 01-06-05, 09:49 AM   #58
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Blizzard, Worse login server for a mmorpg I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
heh I completely disagree with your points on warcraft 3. Micro management requirements of Warcraft greatly outweight in macro management you'd have to do with starcraft or warcraft 2., Rushing is still possible, Just not against the computer, Hero rushes are a game of their own, They'll either do damage, Have little impact, Or completely change the game.

Being good at controlling your heroes is very important for warcraft 3, and being able to micro manage the units is important. The whole point of upkeep was to show that you dont need large armies to win. But rather show that you can win with good management of a small army. And I absolutely love that aspect of WoW. Starcraft and Warcraft 2 dont offer anywhere near the actual depth of micro managing that Warcraft 3 does
QFT. I'm not being a fanboy here, Warcraft 3 was a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnant genre. Keep it up, Blizzard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Main gripe with Heroe's is that I had to baby sit them... So I just made them patrol my base and used normal troops. I like sending out squads of guys, I don't want to have to keep control of a single unit(make him use items and special abilties). I just wana control 3 squads and move in formation (Love BFME's System)...
Wow...just, wow. No wonder you didn't do well in the game. The Hero was supposed to be a support unit for your troops to keep them alive or greatly enhance their damage-dealing through thier abilities. Sending out units without a hero is instant death in Warcraft 3, but small groups with wise micromanagement of the hero (which is very easy thanks to WC3's awesome interface) will win a lot more battles than you'd think. Warcraft 3 had some of the most rewarding battles because of how actively involved the player is in combat, which is much better than "attack-moving" several large groups of units and watching and waiting until the battles are over. Not that I'm saying Starcraft, Warcraft 2, or the C&C games are bad, they aren't (except Tiberian Sun and Generals, those games blow ass). In fact, those games are all awesome. But Warcraft 3 was a welcome departure from the usual formula and it's a hell of a lot of fun if you bother to learn how to play it.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote