View Single Post
Old 01-07-05, 12:13 AM   #72
Elderblaze

Default Re: Blizzard, Worse login server for a mmorpg I have ever seen.

I played EQ1 for 5 years myself, I wouldent consider myself a fanboy by any means. If anything I miss Verant and despise SOE. They did not "ruin" everquest by any means. But they did change it, into somthing alot less frusterating, alot less time consuming, and ultimatly alot less rewarding. This is of course subjective, but i like the old days of Original EQ, yeah there where class balence issues, but it was a special game. Perhaps just because it was my first MMO. Im really looking forward to Vanguard.

I loved WarCraft 3, however I sucked at it.. i owned the single player, and played multiplayer for months, but I never could get past level 12ish. There are alot of people that put way to much time into it, and the micro managment of the game is very complicated, i've seen tiny armies of a couple heros and 4-5 unites decimate massive armies of unskilled players. It requires alot of time to play compeitivly at all. I guess the same can be said for most things these days though, like counter strike. Speaking of which, i've been playing alot more CS:S then WoW these days, not that I don't enjoy wow, but CS:S is better then ever and im having a blast with it.

Regards
Mike
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote