View Single Post
Old 01-09-05, 01:22 AM   #98
DaShadow
BFG 6800GT OC

Send a message via ICQ to DaShadow
Default Re: Dell 2005FP (20.1" / 16:10) LCD for $559 Today only!!!

Well I must be the luckiest man alive...

I just got my second 2005 two days ago and just unpacked it.

Another perfect one, albeit minimal backlighting bleed in the top right hand corner....

But let me say this, I have NEVER noticed any of the backlight problems before reading these message boards and then going out of my way to discover them.

After reading all about these issues, I turn out all the lights and throw on a dead pixel tester app running on the black screen and then I notice some bleed on all my flat panels, everything from a Dell 2001, to a Viewsonic, to my Thinkpad A20p, to my two other laptops....

So I truly don't think it's that big of an issue.... Unless of course you can notice the problem with the lights on.

Anyways, just wanted to report, that my wife was so happy with the quality of my first one, she told me to order a second one for the bedroom so she can watch movies in bed on the thing.

I'm probably just going to hook up a DVD PLayer to it and the Bose Wave radio (I might put a cheap HTPC in there for TV Tuning) and just be done with it.

But this is the second one in as many weeks that have 0 dead pixels.

Just thought I would drop a message in the forum touting that there are people out here getting great monitors!
DaShadow is offline   Reply With Quote