View Single Post
Old 01-09-05, 08:57 AM   #99
Riptide

Default Re: Dell 2005FP (20.1" / 16:10) LCD for $559 Today only!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
That is screwed up man, might wanna give Dell a call about that. Telling you're waiting on the monitor for a "customer", they'll get you taken care of
I'm not even gonna bother. They'll just tell me they have no monitors to send - they're on backorder sir. I can hear it already. It won't matter that Burpy got his ahead of me even though he ordered two days later. "We're sorry sir". What's done is done, and they have no more stock unless I want a refurb or someone else's return (screw that).

I just got screwed over this time, it happens. I'm still a little angry about it but that won't get me anywhere - I might as well just deal with it. That said, I don't have much patience now. If I get a bad one, and the replacement is one I'm unhappy with as well, then I will do a refund immediately.

And DaShadow, you probably aren't the luckiest man alive lol but you are luckier than me (which isn't real tough lemme tell you). I think I actually mentioned further back in the thread what you are stating: a little backlight bleed is normal. Some displays are worse than others. My 2001FP is the best LCD I have ever seen for backlight leakage - it's practically none existent. I did luck out with this unit and got a real nice one in that regard, though there are two dead pixels.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote