View Single Post
Old 12-18-02, 11:40 AM   #13
bwkaz

Yeah, Wolfman is right. The problem is definitely that you don't have kernel-source installed.

The reason I can tell is this bit:

Quote:
-I/usr/src/linux/include
in the compile command. If you have a kernel-source package installed, that will be -I/lib/modules/<whatever your kernel version is>/build/include instead. build is a symlink to the actual kernel source directory (usually /usr/src/linux-<version>, but not always).

Once kernel-source is installed, this path should change. The asm/<whatever>.h files should also show up.

There is still a possibility that it might not work, though. If it doesn't, then you'll have to configure that kernel source directory. If you're using RH's kernel-source package (which it seems you will be, based on the kernel version), then that's pretty easy, just find the file in /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3/configs that matches the kernel you installed and your hardware (arch, SMP-ness, etc., along with whether you installed e.g. the -secure kernel, or the -enterprise kernel, or whatever). Then cp that file to /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3/.config so that it can be used in the next steps.

Then do a cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3, then a make mrproper oldconfig dep, then try the nVidia driver again. The oldconfig part does the kernel configuration, based on the defaults found in the .config file that you just put there.
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote