View Single Post
Old 01-14-05, 05:37 PM   #92
Downside

Default Re: Everquest 2. I think I may have a partial solution to stuttering.

My game playing rig specs are:

Athon64 3000 on DFI nforce3 MB
1GB of PDP 2-2-2-5 ram. (2x512mb)
74GB Raptor
EVGA 6800GT at 410/1100
SB Audigy2
Proc and vid card are watercooled.

I'm also an experienced PC builder/user/system engineer/geek whatever. The system is a fresh XP sp2 install with just drivers, couple benchmark apps, and 2 games, eq2, and HL2. I rebuilt the system shortly after installing eq2 to try to resolve the lack of performance. No crap in the background, no old drivers, etc.

Quote:
really 1000's of people are experience? why is it everyone i know who has 6800gt and playing EQ2 is not complaining?
That's great for them. How many people you know who has a 6800 series card? The longest thread on the official support forums is for this very issue.

I don't know about running it at 16x12, as both my systems are on 1280 LCD's.

I've pretty much decided to live with it. I'm certainly able to play the game, and I know it will get fixed eventually, just frustrating that if my ultra cheap order I had with Gatewait for a x800xt had gone through instead of being cancelled due to no availability, I wouldn't be having this problem

I've already pre-ordered a x800xl for a second pci xpress nforce4 system I'm building (more money than sense I guess), so I'll be able to directly compare the two cards side by side whenever the ATI card actually ships.
Downside is offline   Reply With Quote