View Single Post
Old 01-16-05, 09:38 PM   #61
superklye

Default Re: World of Nerfcraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
I'm having a lot of fun playing my warrior to be honest.
Well I'm glad. I wasn't having fun. I was sick of being the one to take all the damage. In a group with 2 druids and a warlock, being the only warrior sucked. I was constantly using Rend and Hamstring and one other skill and it just got so repetative. I almost wish I could've set up a macro so that I didn't have to keep doing it. There just doesn't seem to be much depth to playing a warrior and I was disappointed.

And then again, I haven't played in over a month and I've decided to give up. The game is basically unattainable and after the bad Amazon experience with that d-bag not sending me the game, I don't care to play it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrot
From what I can see, the point of a Warrior in a group is to get and to keep aggro from multiple mobs. There is a night and day difference between a warrior who plays like a rogue (just trying to be a damage dealer, tanking if he must) and one who plays it with skill. I have a friend on my server (Proudmoore) that simply outshines *all* other warriors that I have grouped with, and he makes my job as a priest much less stressful. Using AoE taunts, defensive stance, demoralising shout etc, he can get a large group of mobs to focus on him, and to keep nearly all of them on him, mostly regardless of how much I am healing. Having to heal one or two players for a higher amount is a lot more mana efficient and safe than having to heal nearly everyone at a reasonable pace. Using greater heals instead of lots of renews and flash heals means that I can keep healing in a fight for longer, which is basically required in higher level instances (I'm level 57 at the moment).

It appears as though a warrior was somewhat designed to be a healer's best friend, if played properly . Of course, having a druid or paladin for backup healing is always very welcome.
Fine. You're right. I'm wrong. I can't play a warrior. I'm a complete ****ing retard. I'm going to go shoot myself in the throat right now, so that I don't have to upset you anymore. Happy?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote