View Single Post
Old 01-31-05, 04:03 AM   #5
exalik

Default Re: Need to install NVIDIA driver each boot (Man)drake 10.1 + GEFORCE 6600 + Xorg 6.8.1

Hello,

I tried to boot with nvidia driver writing in /etc/modprobe.preload ; i saw the nvidia logo screen and X was qtarting properly but my keyboard was bloking.

So i tried to add keyboard driver just before the nvidia driver in the modprobe.preload file but it was the same result.

Then i have deleted nvidia and keyboard in the modprobe.preload file ; start in level 3 and do a modprobe nvidia before the startx and it is working properly

Now, i'm looking where (in which file) i can add "modprobe nvidia" to start directly in level 5

I've just found that in an other thread :

Re: Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!

What version of x.org are you running?

I've been experiencing strange problems like this since upgrading from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1. Right now I have a manual modprobe in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local and then X succeeds to start on the third (!) try. Without the manual modprobe it doesn't start at all.

Exalik

PS: I don't launch games with my computer but use it just for internet and others so i don't know if it would fully work properly !

What about less microsoft in our world ? Better !!!

Last edited by exalik; 01-31-05 at 04:19 AM.
exalik is offline   Reply With Quote