Thread: gaming fees...?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-05, 03:48 PM   #25
Zelda_fan

Default Re: gaming fees...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Well, the free month costs $45.
well if you insist on looking at it from that angle then you will never be able to enjoy a great game. The game and the free month cost $45.

It's just that a MMORPG offers so much more than any other game I have played. I don't think I've ever played an offline game that has a world even 1/5th the size of WoW. Morrowind was the closest, but World of Warcraft is freaking enoumous. The game has so many different things to do, and different aspects to master, it stays a new game for months upon month. For me, games get real old the second after I beat them. It is RARE that I will ever replay a FPS once I've beaten it. I mean what's the point after I've already beaten it? Now I will admit things like Unreal 2k4 I like becasuse you can't master after playing online once. Yeah, you can replay HL 50 times, but to me that is just boring. I need something new, so WoW is right up my alley.

For me the choice is this: either buy a new game every month (most of which I finish in 5 days max) for $50 a month, or I can play $13 a month for a game that will never get old. When it get's old, I will quit, but I don't see that happening for at least 6 months.

You really *ought* to at least try the game before saying MMORPGs aren't for you. Just give it a shot, and if you don't like it, cancel your subscription.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote