View Single Post
Old 02-11-05, 07:52 AM   #34
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Default Re: KOTOR II Ships !

I've been playing it for some 10 hours.

This game kind stinks of old. I'm going to leave out of this reply any technical consideration about the crap graphic engine and its horrible performance for the low amount of polygons it draws on the screen.

Kotor 2 plays, feels and looks like a cheap sequel to stack some quick cash out of the franchise.

Most meshes are taken stright from the first Kotor. Music is more like some background filler that the good scores of the first episode. So far the story hasn't caught me. Plain hack'n'slash thorugh empty corridors, weak puzzles, no real challenges.

The two companions I encountered have uninspiring, stereotyped personalities (the small time criminal with an hidden heroic personality and the old, wise pal with a clouded past to leave behind) and they cannot hold a candle to characters like Canderous Ordo or Jolee Bindo.

But what I hated most is the battle AI and unresponsive controls. Many time I issued a order just to wtitness the controlled Pg ignoring it or leaving the current battle to attack another enemy I didn't ordered him to. Sometimes PG just hang in the middle of a battle doing nothing and I have to re-issue the same command 2-3 times. I didn't had all these difficulties with the first Kotor.

I'm going to play this one for another copule of evenings before returning it to the shop.