View Single Post
Old 12-26-02, 06:17 PM   #12
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?

Default e-Dimensional wireless glasses kick ass!

Having a blast with my new glasses. Just thought I'd share my thoughts and recent experiences with them.

This is ther first time I have tried shutter glasses since H3D first came out. Played Tomb Raider and Quake back then, lots of flicker and ghosting. Couldn't even play for more than 10 min at a time or my eyes would cross.

Got these glasses and WOW, huge difference from past experience. Have played a lot of games with great success. Playing in 1024x768 100hz refresh, no AA.

My system:

P4 2.4@2.7ghz
Asus P4T-E w/512MB rambus
Geforce4 TI4600 30.87 Det w/30.87 stereo
Creative SB Audigy Gamer
Windows 98 SE
Viewsonic G810 21"

The only hardware problem I had was a random flicker that was quite annoying, and thanks to this forum and others, I tracked it to my 3Com net card: Network Link Selection, which was set to auto negotiate. Set it to 100mbps Full Duplex, and no more flashing. Video card only device on IRQ 11.

MOHAA Half-Life and Undying would lock up on me after a few seconds, but I am dual booting XP Home, and have run the nVidia_3dstereo_ru_2 drivers I found here, and installed Det 40.71 ( I didn't want to jinx the games I had working in Win98). MOHAA and Undying work now in XP. Half-Life still doesn't work properly, lots of flickering, but I will keep working on it.

These glasses are extremely uncomfortable after a few minutes, chaffing the nose. I'll have to find some solution for that, ouch.

Motocross Madness 2 is the game I show people, incredible with full seperation. Huge wow factor.

I sure hope Nvidia and game developers increase support for stereo glasses, working crosshairs would be great! Two of my gamer friends cannot wait to order these glasses, now.
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote