View Single Post
Old 02-20-05, 10:52 PM   #65
HIWTHI

Default Re: DEvmaster.net article Hl2 vs D3 engine.

I guess I will have to point out the obvious for you. See my breathing comment was making fun of your outrageous fanboy rant. I was talking about water and then you go: oh, but the Doom 3 Engine can do fire, see fire, fire good. It's funny how you got all worked up over my simple question. I wasn't trying to say Source can achieve better water effects (although it can without creating extra shaders), but was simply asking if someone had cool water to show me, because I'd never seen any water rendered with the Doom 3 Engine. You misinterpreted it, because you assumed I was some crazy fanboy and then got all worked up. Hopefully you understand my question by now, and can go take some Prozac to level yourself.

About your shaders comment and me not reading others' post, did you even read my last one or the ones before? Here's the last one twice, because they always say third times the charm.

Quote:
Shaders are part of the engine, and even though teams can create them, the Source Engine already includes them. Source does guarantee great water, because the shaders come with it.

Repeated:
Shaders are part of the engine, and even though teams can create them, the Source Engine already includes them. Source does guarantee great water, because the shaders come with it.
HIWTHI is offline   Reply With Quote