View Single Post
Old 02-24-05, 03:56 PM   #49
T-Spoon

Default Re: Guild wars beta weekend feb 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
There is no more "skill" involved than in WOW, you press buttons and hope the other guys health goes down first.
Funny. That's exactly how I feel when playing WoW. And I've been playing for months already (thanks to the fact that I like the Warcraft world and storylines).

Now that I think of it, any FPS game or other RPG game is just pressing a bunch of buttons hoping for someone else to die sooner than you. But for me personally I did found that GW requires a lot of skill. Try playing some peeps from the Fianna, KOR, MYTH or Dild Omen... and you'll see that you won't cut it with just pressing a bunch of buttons hoping for someone's health goes down.

If you have selected the proper skillset for taking out a healer, it doesn't mean that they will work. It also takes timing (with the interrupt skills), health monitoring (using a spell like backfire to finish off an enemy who is casting a spell), energy management (messing with casters energy pool in order to make them helpless), and has quite a lot of new PvE content thanks to the innovative dynamic quest system.

WoW -> if you like to be immersed in a huge world with lots of other players, enjoy a good storybased game with lots of traveling and sightseeing.
GW -> if you enjoy PvP, instant action, occasional PvE, beautiful graphics.

Luckily I like both.
T-Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote