View Single Post
Old 03-04-05, 07:37 PM   #23
Clay

Default Re: Custom Firefox Extension for nV News Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head_slinger
great extension!!

Does it take the forum names dynamically or is it hardcoded.
Good question. The forum names/link are hardcoded for now. (I know, yuck) I did so just to get it up and running for now. I'd like to pull dynamically pull that data but need to read up on how that might be possible from vBulletin. I would assume that the forum heirarchy can be retrieved as XML in some way. One potential downside to that, though, is that it may cause some performance issues since the XUL overlay for the context menu would basically have to get regenerated dynamically either each time you right click or perhaps have it set to regenerate only when Firefox is started. Some things to toss around I guess.

I would also like to provide an options XUL overlay so that users could customize which forums appear or not in their context menu, could just be a checkbox list for example. I'm also reading up on RDF datasources. One could fashion a pretty slick tree control with an RDF datasource containing the forum info.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina