View Single Post
Old 01-02-03, 04:35 PM   #202
hgb

Default RReally noob

hi guys, i am a really noob and i come from use windows.. i dont speak english.. but i think i can understand allmost 80% (i am not good for write it), ok.

like a user of win, i go to the site of the video card and i download.. the later driver (i dont read any) that is one problem.. i downloaded.. the version 686 or up.... ok i only make a double click.. and nothing appends... but the package is installed..., after i see that the checkbox in the video card is not ungrayed... i read.. and i see..

that i need this steps...

1) download.. NVchooser.sh (execute with sh)
2(download the files... (two files..) not one like in win...
3)instal the kernel and then the GLX

ok there is when comes..

the files that says me download NVXhooser are...:
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191.src.rpm
NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-4191.rpm

i have the two

then i go to install it....

first.. i unistall the 686 or up.. some like this... (remember like a win user XD i install this :P)

rpm -e NVIDIA_kermel-1....o686orUP.rpm

and write some like this..

rpm -q NVIDIA_kernel (but it says me.. the package NVIDIA_kernel is not installed i think this is ok)... i dont know for what is the -q switch... but it helps me in know what is installed....

the same for the GLX.. is not installed

then i

write this...

rpm -ivh NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191.src.rpm
warning: user buildmeister dos not exist -using root
warning: group buildmeister dos not exist -using root
warning: user buildmeister dos not exist -using root
warning: group buildmeister dos not exist -using root
1:NVIDIA_kernel#########################[100%]

rpm -ivh NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-4191.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
NVIDIA_kernel is needed by NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-4191.src

i try to with.... rpm --rebuild but the same with buildmeister.. and no output in the directory 'user/src/redhat/RMPS/i386/NVIDIA_kernel

i know that a warning.. dont stop the compilation in aprogram in c.. i think is the same here.. i dont know wat is wrong..

but in this moment.. the NVDIA_kernel and the NVIDIA_GLX no are installed... i dont know what i can do.. i dont have a mouse. and i dont have.. the graphic interfaz of Redhat working.. i cant use linux in text mode.."""

i install in the first time.. all the things in the kernel and in tool for programming.. i think i have all for compile...

the questions is what i can do.. how i can make the user.. builmeister

my comp.. have this...

athlon 650 Mhz
GF2 MX 400 32MB
256 MB RAM
a keyboard.... no mouse

i check the commands cat /proc/version

the result Linux Version 2.4.18-19.8.0 (one email) (gcc version 3.2 20020903(redhad Linux 8.0 3.2-7))

in the command XFree86 -version

the result is XFree86 version 4.2.0 (...)/X windows System(protocol version 11, revision 0, vendor realease 6600)
Build Operating System:Linux 2.4.18-11smp i686[ELF]
Build Host:..

a yea.. i use the automatic.. downloader.. like windows update.. for update the kernel.. almost it works fine..after i try install the NV drivers....

help please, thx for read some large post.. i think i write almost all i do at this time.. yea.. i read... this read..

thx.. and good year.. say no to war!!!!!!!
hgb is offline   Reply With Quote