View Single Post
Old 03-14-05, 01:14 PM   #114
audia6t

Default Re: 1.0-7167 for Linux x86 released

AMD2500+ with 1gb Dual DDR and a high-end Gigabyte MB. SuSE 9.2 Kernel 2.4.8.24xx Won't go into great detail, but so far I haven't had a OS lock up. Before, I would most likely have something annoying happen every day, as everyone else has. Also, a comment related to someone above who talked about an issue with KDE. I have noticed recently, even before upgrading to the new NV driver, that KDE tends to go haywire. Most of the time you just can't run most programs, especially Mozilla base Internet and mail. For example, I left KDE running over night with the fancy fireworks w/sound screen saver running and this morning I could not open any application. Another error I've seen is the Arts sound will sometimes error out, especially after running the screen saver (seen it other times as well). I'm using Gnome for now to see if I get any of these issues. If all goes well, which I suspect it will, I may look into upgrading KDE to the latest version which I think will solve this. I think I am running 3.3.1 with all of the updates installed. But, the wise man will check the NV driver thoroughly before making other changes. Good luck to all and to all a good BYTE. JB
audia6t is offline   Reply With Quote