View Single Post
Old 03-23-05, 04:37 PM   #1
falcon1010

Default suddenly games are crashing/freezing

Thank for any advice on this problem. I am using a GeForce 4 mx 440 card. Around January the family had been able to play most newer games on my system. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Sims 2 were working fine. Nobody has played the games until recently, and now both games are freezing in the middle of loading. In both cases it seems that the main menu will open, but when I try to actually go into the games from the main menus the games freeze or crash. I've cannot remember when the last big security upgrade came from Microsoft to see if that was the problem, but I do remember a download came from Nvidia that put a new settings display in my system tray. I have tried several attempts at restoring my system to a older date but I have not had any luck. In fact, the newer Nvidia settings display still exists in the older restore dates. I've tried un and re installing both games with no luck. Any help on what's happening would be appreciated. Both games had run with no problems before. Also is nvidia tied into outlook express. I went to the remove program screen and removed some nvidia driver updates to see if I could isolate the problem, but when the computer came back up all my email messages were missing. Strange thing with this is emails I have sent are still in the system. Restoring to a earlier date had no effect on the email either. Thanks for any help.
falcon1010 is offline   Reply With Quote