Possible 1.0-7167 x86_64 & XOrg Bug
I'm afraid I can't even find enough about the problem I'm having to give a good description of it. When I try to start X, using the nvidia driver, it errors out, but there are no errors in the log, it appears to start loading the nvidia and just stop. When I use the nv driver it works fine. Here's some basic info about my setup:
Architecture: x86_64 (Athlon 64 3200+)
Video Card: GeForce FX 5700 AGP by MSI
nVidia Kernel Driver: 1.0.7167
nVidia GLX X Driver: 1.0.7167
GCC: 3.4.3 Hardened
XOrg: 6.8.2 using dlopen
Things I've tried:
- Stripping out most of the extenions, modules, and option for the device - no effect
- Lowering the screen resolution and depth - no effect
- Use the X -configure generated conf - no effect
- Passing in kernel command to try unsupported AGP systems - no effect
- Use the nv driver - works but without all the nice things like acceleration (obviously)
The only thing that I can find that looks wrong is that when I look at /proc/drivers/nvidia/agp/status it says disabled. AGP is compiled into the kernel, the AGP bus is detected during startup and the card is found.
Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm totally stumped.
Bug report attached.
Last edited by mtheory; 03-27-05 at 09:19 AM.