View Single Post
Old 03-27-05, 06:56 PM   #8
ekloot1978

Default Re: Doesn't anyone make a 128bit memory PCI graphics card anymore?

No, 128bit on pci is still necessary...the 5700LE 64bit cards played everything even slower and choppier than his current geforce mx440 pci card (which is 128bit). And he returned both of the different geforce 5700LE pci cards so its not like he wasted any money since he was refunded.

And yes it would be nice if he could just upgrade his motherboard and everything but he has a dell and I don't know if he can just slap in some other motherboard (plus that powersupply on that thing probably wouldn't even power it). And that would mean that he might have to buy another case and powersupply then...but the new motherboard might not have onboard sound like he has now so then he'd have to buy a new sound card. And then I don't know if his backup copy of windows xp for his dell would activate correctly on the new system (since it wouldn't be a dell anymore) so there's always the slight chance he might need to buy that (but I'm not sure about that so that one might be a non-issue). So it could get fairly pricey and he's not looking to spend much money. I actually told him he might want to think about upgrading though...I think he wants to wait another year or year and a half before buying a whole new system...he wouldn't build one because he doesn't know how and he seems to like just purchasing the whole thing (and at the moment I don't think his fiancee wants him spending a bunch of money on a whole new computer just to be able to play a few games unfortunately). So that's why I'm trying to just find him a card that will play games decently even if its on low settings.
ekloot1978 is offline   Reply With Quote