Originally Posted by ChrisRay
So your saying zones like enchanted lands and wont be locked off from players? Meaning I wont have to wait till level 32 or kill some elite Double Up Arrow 32 creature at the end of god awful questr to go there?
Like I said, I'm sure you still have to do a quest for certain zones... but... let me just post the patch notes of all the solo / duo enhancements since Jan 25th (After SOE Declared they would enhance solo / duo / casual play)... and you can make up your mind if they've done enough. Just know that there's a lot more coming, too.
January 26, 2005
- As described in this month's Producer's Letter, we have significantly increased experience gain for solo players and small groups of two and three members.
February 1, 2005
- First round of advanced solo encounters added for soloers and small groups!
- The Kleron Osana solo quest should now progress properly.
- A more challenging type of encounter is now available for soloers and small groups. This advanced solo content can be found in the Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest, and the Enchanted Lands. These solo encounters have an up arrow next to their name.
- Additional encounters have been added to the Commonlands and Nektulos Forest to support solo quests introduced in a previous update.
February 2, 2005
- The advanced solo/small group encounters introduced into Nektulos Forest, Thundering Steppes, and Enchanted Lands were more difficult than intended and have been adjusted. They should now present a reasonable challenge for well-equipped soloers and small groups of two or three players. Treasure drops have been adjusted accordingly. These encounters are indicated in the target window as solo, but can be distinguished from normal solo encounters by the NPC's name. For example, "an enraged dragoon soldier" would be more challenging than "a dragoon soldier."
February 3, 2005
- We have increased the XP awarded to groups of 1 to 3 players for defeating advanced solo/small group encounters.
- *** The amount of XP awarded to groups of 2 or more players for defeating normal solo encounters has been slightly reduced.
- This allows soloers and small groups taking on challenging encounters to be rewarded with more XP than they would have previously earned.
(*** Taznote: Before you think this is bad for Duos / Trios, look at Feb 4th's notes regarding more targets (and better exp))
February 4, 2005
- The blue/green range has been expanded for groups whose members are not all the same level. Depending on your group's level range, even in groups as small as two, you now have more targets to choose from. Some encounters that were grey will now be green or even blue.
- Since encounter con is based on the group's level, it is conceivable that an encounter may be grey to a player while solo, but turn green when they join a group with an average level that is lower than their own.
February 16, 2005
- You will now be able to choose whether you enter the solo or heroic versions of the instanced dungeons in Thundering Steppes, Orcish Wastes, and the Enchanted Lands.
March 8, 2005
- All solo and small group encounters in the following zones now have the chance to drop improved treasure: Antonica, the Commonlands, Nektulos Forest, Thundering Steppes, the Orcish Wastes, the Enchanted Lands, Rivervale, the Feerrott, Everfrost, and Lavastorm.
- It will be easier to collect sets of armor and accessories from certain types of creatures. A solo creature that drops a given armor type is likely to drop additional armor pieces of the same type. A creature that drops accessories is likely to drop more accessories.
- More loot! You will now see more items of various levels drop than ever before.
- There is now greater variety in the volume and type of loot that normal solo creatures and advanced solo/small group encounters will drop.
- Encounter drops are now separated by the high and low levels for each zone. For example, level 12 solo encounters in Antonica will drop level 10-14 appropriate gear, spells, and recipes. A level 16 solo encounter in Antonica will drop level 15-19 items.
- Progressive solo population has been added to the Enchanted Lands, the Orcish Wastes, and Thundering Steppes.
- Solo and small group experience has been increased again to further enhance the solo/small group game. Players over level 30 will especially notice an increase in solo and small group XP rewards.
- New Solo Instance: Valley of the Rogue Magi can be found in the Commonlands near Matthias Siegemaker. Encounter elementals, gargoyles, skeletons, zombies, and more foul creatures within.
- Skeletons on the Isle of Refuge should now be solo encounters, except for those in the graveyard itself.
- All solo encounters within A Pirate's Hidden Stash, The Rumbler Caves, and An Open Grave should now be of the correct difficulty.
- Advanced solo creatures in the Thundering Steppes will now be aggressive toward travelers.
- Players attempting to access Heroic or Solo zones from Thundering Steppes, the Orcish Wastes, or the Enchanted Lands should now be able to make the choice much easier.
March 21, 2005
- The roads in Nektulos Forest should be a bit safer to travel, and solo content should be more easily accessible.
- Certain camps of the Dervish Cutthroats are now more suitable for solo play.