View Single Post
Old 03-30-05, 11:26 AM   #294
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I understand your points and they are well made.

WRT to warriors as you know I also love my warrior and I am always in high demand in my guild. Never the less you have to admit it bugs you that a rogue and shaman can deliver the same or at least close to the same DPS as a warrior with melee weapons. That is total bull. They have nerfed us and it sux. The problem is I am addicted to this game but not being able to play it because of servers being down will cure that addiction real fast.
Well with rogues, no, it doesn't bother me at all. Rogues are supposed to deal a LOT more melee DPS than warriors - that's their class role. Get in and out quick. They can't tank at all and solo can really only take on 1 or 2 mobs at a time, and cannot hold aggro. Warriors are meant to be tanks, not melee DPS machines.

Shamans arguably do not deal more damage than a warrior, though it really depends on what skills/talents are being used. A warrior can go DPS through the Fury tree and deal out quite a nasty amount of damage. Warriors haven't been nerfed, I think they're right where they should be.

If you want melee DPS you should play a combat rogue, they're DPS gods. Warriors are not supposed to be able to deal out the most melee damage - they're supposed to deal out moderate amounts of damage while keeping aggro on themselves and letting the rest of the group do the damage-dealing. They're definitely a party-oriented class.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote